Manatee Springs is located in Chiefland, Florida.West Indian manatees swim upriver for the warmth of the springs. Visitors enjoy snorkeling, swimming, picnicking, boating and other water activities.
Known for: Swimming, Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Kayaking/canoeing, Fishing, Hiking, Wildlife viewing, Picnic area, Playground, Camping, Youth camping
Manatee Springs Experiences & Suggestions (10)
Set 1 of 5
Jan 2, 2019
- We've lost track at how many times we've spent visiting Florida to escape the cold. It has usually been along the Gulf or Atlantic beaches or one of the Orlando parks. But over the past few years, we've 'discovered' the beautiful and unique springs of Florida.
Jun 5, 2018
- The Florida springs are awesome! They are especially a great place to spend time during the summer. Hot and humid summer Florida summer days are made pleasant within seconds of dipping into one of the Florida Springs.
Set 2 of 5
Apr 1, 2016
- Just over ten miles south of Fanning Springs State Park off US98, you will find Manatee Springs State Park. A first magnitude spring, producing around 100 million gallons of crystal clear water every day, this spring is an absolute must-see.
Mar 24, 2016
- Ellison was determined to see manatees this Spring Break and I know there are some great spots in the central Florida area. We were initially planning on going kayaking but, honestly, I didn't feel like driving for more than an hour.
Set 3 of 5
Feb 7, 2016
- We were lucky enough to snag a couple nights in Manatee Springs State Park. Most every site is 25' to 35' RV site and we are just over 37'. Luckily though, there was one Handicap site available that was a pull-through (rejoice) and it was 40'.
Feb 6, 2016
- From Keaton Beach we continued south to Manatee Springs State Park for a few days. The springs in the park provide a haven for wintering manatees. The turquoise colored springs are what is called a First Magnitude Spring.
Set 4 of 5
Oct 30, 2015
- Florida manatee "BamBam" is the newest Manatee Springs resident and the 15th manatee to be sent to the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden to be rehabilitated. The two-year-old male was rescued from Desoto Canal in Brevard County, FL, in January 2015, and has been receiving critical care for severe cold stress at SeaWorld Orlando.
Aug 7, 2015
- The first stop was Silver Springs State Park in Ocala, right at the Ocala National Forest. This is one of the biggest artesian springs ever, producing more than 55 million gallons of water daily. Basically, it's one spring but several openings. Manatee Springs State Park is pretty much in the woods. No cell reception, huge mosquitoes.
Set 5 of 5
Jun 24, 2015
- Around April of 2013, me and my best friend Danielle sat down to lunch and started talking about everything we wanted to do that summer. On the back of our lunch receipt, we wrote down every place we wanted to visit, the fruit we wanted to pick, and most importantly all the places we wanted to swim.
Nov 27, 2014
- On a recent trip down to Tampa, I decided to take the more leisurely and scenic route along Highway 98 to visit some of the state parks along this stretch and made my first stop at Fanning Springs State Park.
Manatee Springs Photography
Manatee Springs Videos (3)